Marketing Bloc - a free, online marketing resource for a community of small business owners. From strategy to proven tactics, Marketing Bloc delivers the advantage to equip and empower entrepreneurs to make the most of their marketing efforts.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Small Business Marketing Tactic: Virus Spreads Faster Than A Speeding Bullet!

Viral marketing is simply the process that encourages large numbers of people to spread details on your product or service to their family, friends and even the world!

A prime example, I regularly receive multiple email forwards of the SAME email from my mom, my sister & various friends. As a recipient of 100s of unsolicited email forwards, I understand my family and friends care for me. They want what's best for me. So, why do they send me some email that includes some cute cat dancing around and proclaiming "Life is Short...unless you have 9"? Who knows?

What I do know - something within the email triggers a need to send that email to EVERYONE. And, they do.

So, here's a thought:

If you can come up with something really special that has significant value, there is a HIGH probability that your target audience may just start spreading the news about you, your company, your product/service/sales event.

Applying that to my business:
- What does my target audience value?
- Are they looking for instructions on how to do something?
- Do they enjoy being inspired by a story, a poem, a dancing cat?

Once I know my target audience's dream receipt, I can create and send it onto them noting my contact info (name, website address, etc).

No comments: